There has always been discussion in the BT and Torah Observant communities about mainstreaming.
Baalei Teshuva Oriented Shuls
1) are sensitive to the needs of BTs
2) make it easy for BTs to fit in
3) keep BTs segregated in a comfortable environment
Mainstream Orthodox Shuls
1) are not focused to BT needs
2) require more effort to fit in
3) integrate BTs with the larger observant community
Which do you think is a better path? Why?
What are some other characteristics that differentiate between mainstream and BT institutions?