We’re all aware of the passing of Rabbi Noach Weinberg this past week. As you may know, one of Rabbi Weinberg’s most important projects was to get lay people involved in Kiruv.
What would it take for you to be more active in Kiruv?
1) Having tools and techniques to reach out.
2) Knowing that I would have some success in helping people become observant.
3) Internalizing the belief that every piece of Torah learned or mitzvah performed is valuable in and of itself.
4) Sensitizing myself to the tremendous chesed of bring people closer to Hashem.
5) Realizing that being aware of and acting on opportunities to bring people closer will tremendously help my own Yiddishkeit.
6) Having a clearing understanding that I have an obligation to do Kiruv under the mitzvah of Ahavas Hashem.