The second post has gone up at ShulPolitics.Com titled Who’s The Boss? – Shul Types and Authority. It discusses the five shul types:
1) Yeshiva Minyanim
2) Shtiebels and Rabbi-centric Shuls
3) Chabad Shuls
4) Beis Medrash/Independent Minyans
5) Democratic Shuls
Go give it a read and correct any misconceptions in the comments there.
You’re back; good.
Which Shul types make sense for BTs as they go through the BT life-cycle
1) Stage one – years 1-7 – getting your feet wet
2) Stage two – years 8-15 – understanding more and getting involved
3) Stage three – years 16- 40+ – almost indistinguishable from an FFB