Rabbi Dov Brezak give a shiur entitled â€œStaying Focused: How to Build and Maintain a Loving Relationship with Each of Your Childrenâ€. Rabbi Brezak is an internationally renowned lecturer and author of Artscroll’s â€œChinuch in Turbulent Timesâ€ and the acclaimed â€œChinuch Conceptsâ€ tape series.
You can download the shiur here. (right click and save as)
Here are some points from the shiur:
– Our goal as parents is not so much that our children should become a mensch or a servant of Hashem, but rather that they should want to strive for those goals.
– The key is to create positive ongoing relationships with your children.
– Catch them doing things right – even minor things.
– Be quiet in the face of power struggles.
– Preserve their dignity.
– Don’t expect them to be there, help them get there.
– Set them up for success
Listen to the mp3 to get the full benefit of this great shiur.